Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shine A Light

By Scott Coner
Country Artist
 

            So earlier today, we all gathered at the studio here in Nashville. Each person had been hand picked for this day of tracking. I hadn’t thought about it much, but today things started to become clear. I was surrounded by some of the best players around.  I had been putting this group together with my engineer for quite a while. You see, I am finishing up an album that I have been working on for quite a while. And these final tracks were very important to me. I wanted to bring all of the primary players I had worked with together at one time and do four songs as one group to finish up the project.

            The keyboard player works with Clint Black and also is music director at The Flamingo in Vegas for Olivia Newton John. One of the guitar players and the drummer play for The Matthew West Band, and they have the #6 single on the Christian charts this week. The other guitar player has toured with nearly everyone you have ever heard of, and the lady singing with me is in Lynyrd Skynyrd. My wife, Cynthia was there doing film and photography. Then, there was me. This type of realization makes a guy realize the importance of being prepared.

            To be honest, as this process is still fully motion, I find myself to be emotional. It’s probably because I am nearly done with the album. But, I also realize how fortunate I have been to be a part of something so special. At dinner tonight, my wife had to leave the table to take a phone call. I sat there like a fool with big tears in my eyes. I was embarrassed, but too grateful to care what anybody else thought. More than anything, I need to tell God just how appreciative I am for this life he has allowed me to have. My children are beautiful and wonderful. My wife is perfect in every way possible. My parents are healthy. And I have been allowed to taste the dream that I have wanted for so long. 



            I don’t know when this ride ends. I didn’t even know I had a ticket in the first place until I was in the middle of things. I guess what I wanted to say is that I am very happy, very whole at this moment. Please don’t think that I am bragging about any of this because that is not what this is. Instead, I come very humbly, very thankfully to simply proclaim that I am very pleased and appreciative with how things finally turned out. I have seen my share of dark moments. We all have. But just know that life isn’t a collection of the dark times. Instead, life is about the light that shines for all of us if we are simply willing to have faith. I have truly had moments along this path when I didn’t know how much further I could go. But I had faith. I wasn’t strong because of my faith in myself. I found strength because I have always felt like God was in control of and for me. He has continually picked me from the fires that I alone started. He has allowed me learn. He has allowed me wisdom that I couldn’t obtain on my own. And he has answered my prayers. Life is Good. I am happy. Now, I’m going to have to quit writing now. Those tears keep on coming and I think maybe I could use a few Midol. And maybe some chocolate…

            By the way, the music we started today sounds better than I ever thought it could. It’s kind of funny what some light can do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment