Sunday, December 13, 2015

If I Leave Here Tomorrow, Will You Still Remember Me?


By Scott Coner
Country Artist

         Putting everything into some type of perspective, I find myself troubled when it comes to my music. I'm pretty clumsy around the barn and a pretty bad driver to boot, so clearly, my days are numbered. I have songs lying around half finished. I have songs in my head that haven't seen the light of day. And I have songs that I've recorded that are important to me that haven't been promoted at all yet. What the heck is a man supposed to do about this? It's not like I can have a will written with specifics regarding my music.

         I think I write because I have something I want to say. On the other hand, maybe I write because I want my family and friends to remember me. I'm not even sure about it to tell you the truth. But, if you are reading this right now, and I happen to be dead already, go to my sock drawer and give my wife all of my unfinished lyrics.

         I realized early on that I could write songs and say certain things without certain people knowing the song was even about them. I mean, Paul McCartney wrote a song about his dog, so there really are no rules, right? I wrote "Put a Line in it" one day about the current administration that I have so much trouble enduring. But you haven't heard that song because I don't guess we want to make people mad. I wrote "Close to You" about my wife along with many others. I even wrote a song about one of my uncles when he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I have far more songs than I can promote, and I don't have enough time to get all of my work done. So, I'm a little bit freaked out about it all. 

Scott Coner (Photo by Cynnamae Media Productions)

         I have decided to begin releasing EP's every quarter or so along with full-length albums at least once a year from this point forward. The problem with this approach I'm being told is promotion. This is certainly a problem, but honestly, it is far more important to me that I finish this mess I started so many years ago. When I say I'm freaked out, I'm just kidding though. I have never been as happy as I am these days. My goal has always been to play and write full time, and it appears we are about to do just that.

         Now, I need to go find my algebra teacher and tell her once again how useless her class was to me and that I was right all along. Life ain't nothin' but a song.

         For more information about Scott Coner or to hear his music, visit www.ScottConer.com, www.Facebook.com/ScottConerMusic, or www.YouTube.com/user/ScottConer.

4 comments:

  1. Right. Algebra! Love your music and posts. God bless you and your family Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. Algebra! Love your music and posts. God bless you and your family Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Please record the one about your uncle with alzheimer. Not only because I know your uncle but my husband was diagnosed with Lewy body Dementia, parkinsons, CVD mini strokes. May7,2015 age 59.He has been showing signs over3yrs.before official diagnosis. There is a private group on facebook called MEMORY PEOPLE.it helps us caregivers when the family tired of hearing it..or no help..it's like a family that helps each other although all over the United States. I will post it on there and I am sure there will be many buyers ♡
    Love your music and you keep doing this because you will help more people than you will ever know!
    You are blessed with an amazing gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Please record the one about your uncle with alzheimer. Not only because I know your uncle but my husband was diagnosed with Lewy body Dementia, parkinsons, CVD mini strokes. May7,2015 age 59.He has been showing signs over3yrs.before official diagnosis. There is a private group on facebook called MEMORY PEOPLE.it helps us caregivers when the family tired of hearing it..or no help..it's like a family that helps each other although all over the United States. I will post it on there and I am sure there will be many buyers ♡
    Love your music and you keep doing this because you will help more people than you will ever know!
    You are blessed with an amazing gift!!

    ReplyDelete