Sunday, August 7, 2016

Speaking In Tongues, Eating Fried Chicken, and Chasing Dreams


 By Scott Coner

Nashville Recording Artist, Songwriter, Performer, and Author 




For a while, I remember being troubled that I didn’t ever have such a gift given to me. I think a lot of people probably thought I wasn’t living clean enough to meet the standard. They might have been right. I just don’t know. But, now all these years later, I look back and see a flaw in their approach. I think maybe they were trying to put the Power of God in a box. They knew a few utterances that they seemed to provide to the church body every single Sunday during the service, but that was about it as far as I could tell. They might hop around a little with a tambourine, but I am not for sure that was the Spirit. I think most of it was overkill. But you know, it’s not for me to judge. I was just a guy trying to find his place in the world and apply a little bit of Truth along the way. I remember wishing they could try to get a handle on things before the lunch lines in town got so long. It seemed to me that just about every Sunday during final prayer so and so would want to start winding up about some sin someone’s husband was involved in and jack up my cafeteria time. 













Keep in touch!




Scott Coner is a country singer-songwriter who has worked in the studio with legendary artists such as Tanya Tucker, T. Graham Brown and Charlie Daniels. You can learn more about him and hear his music at his music page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment