Sunday, October 18, 2015

I Don’t Know What She Did to Deserve Me, But It Must Have Been Pretty Bad


            The first time I ever saw my wife Cyndi, I think I lost both of my shoes. I had never seen anyone or anything as pretty as her. She and I met at probably the worst time possible. We were both getting a divorce, and both of us probably had plans of moving on with our lives. But things don’t always work out as planned. They never did for me anyway.

            She and I have been together for over 21 years now, and these days I feel like I keep falling deeper for her. Honestly, I worry about it sometimes because I’m not sure that it’s healthy to want to be around someone as much as I do her. The thing is, I honestly worry about the day that I have to leave this world and I won’t have her by my side. If Heaven is perfect, I don’t know how it could be perfect if she’s not there with me.


            Through the years, I have written songs, written cards, and bought jewelry as well as flowers trying to remind her of my feelings. I will be the very first to acknowledge that she should have ended up with a much better looking, cooler and suave man. But the thing is, I’m quite the talker when I set my mind to it, and I put my mojo into overdrive as I talked her into marrying me. I don’t know exactly what I said, but it must have been brilliant. I lay in our bed this morning as the sun came up, and I marveled at her angelic beauty. I walked into the restroom to brush my teeth and chuckled as I looked in the mirror. She married a troll!


            Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I was talking about how awesome it is to be married to Cyndi. She has changed me. She has gently made me want to be a much better man. She has encouraged me to be healthy. She has given me the power to believe in myself. She has given me two perfect little girls that are just as pretty as their mother. And she laughs at my incredibly stupid jokes almost every time. She loves country music, but she rocks to AC/DC. I’m telling you this woman is perfect. She and I enjoy coffee on the porch in the mornings when we both have time. We sit there staring out across the countryside talking about our kids or our parents. Our dog Maggie sits out there with us, and both barn cats come up to the house to hang out as well. Those mornings are some of my favorite times.
 

            I don’t know what the future holds. I’m sure there will be storms though. We will most likely feel the sting of death as it takes family members we have loved all of our lives. We will get older and start to fail ourselves. Yes, I’m sure those storms will come, but life has always been about receiving and losing, laughing and crying, living and then dying. I’m sure as long as I have her next to me that we can face it as it comes.

            To learn more about country artist Scott Coner, visit http://www.Facebook.com/ScottConerMusic, http://www.ScottConer.com, and http://www.YouTube.com/user/ScottConer.

No comments:

Post a Comment